Sample Excerpt from Marketing Collateral:
Grimes, Iowa, Development Guide
Working Together to Create a Strong Community
Welcome to Grimes, Iowa, a fast-growing community on the northwest edge of the Des Moines metro area that combines the best of big-city services and conveniences with character and quality of life of a small town.
With a population of nearly 6,000 and more than 200 businesses, Grimes has changed dramatically since its founding in 1881. As we celebrate our quasquicentennial in 2006, our 125-year history provides a solid foundation as we look towards the future. With the expansion of Des Moines' metro area, Grimes is poised for continued growth. Here's a sample of what Grimes offers:
- We have the youngest median age (31.3) of any city in Iowa. This allows Grimes to offer a young, educated workforce of talented employees.
- With Highway 141, Grimes offers convenient access to Interstates 80 and 35the crossroads of the continentand an easy commute to any location in the Des Moines metro area. In addition, a quick 25-minute drive to the Des Moines International Airport connects you with the world.
- From 1993 through April 2005, Grimes commercial and industrial assessed valuation rose from $39.2 million to nearly $90 million. Both the City of Grimes and Grimes Chamber & Economic Development (GCED) work together to foster new commercial and light industrial business growth.
- Grimes' new Gateway Business Park, Crossroad Business Park, and Princeton Business Park offer ready access to Highway 141 and Interstates 35 and 80.
- Grimes is minutes from downtown Des Moines and the metro's many recreational, shopping, dinning and entertainment experiences, including Saylorville Lake, the Civic Center of Des Moines, and much more.
- Grimes is a wonderful place to raise a family. Children benefit from the community's commitment to education. From the elementary school through the high school, the Dallas Center-Grimes School District provides some of the state's finest teachers and newest facilities.
- Grimes offers a wide variety of affordable, quality housing options that give you more for your money. Residential growth is occurring in all four quadrants of the city. We're especially excited about Hubbell Realty's new Meadowlark South neighborhood, an innovative conservation community where homes are nestled among native prairies, trails, and large public spaces.
- The city of Grimes is enhanced by a full range of services provided by a stable government, health care professionals, and a host of other area businesses.
We're proud that local residents and employers can enjoy the first-class services of a progressive and steadily growing community. We invite you to explore Grimes and discover all that we have to offer.